The unique 301km Eco Ultra Walks were designed to renew the ‘whole being’ – the physical as well as the psychological. These adventure walks are South Africa’s own pilgrimages.
We explore all the facets of nature in the different areas of Southern Africa and discover the history, the local people and their cultures. Participants are amazed by the sense of achievement, self-worth and a new purpose for life, which result from completing these Eco Ultra Walks.
This pilgrimage provides a sense of timelessness and freedom, which helps renew and revive.
Thirty kilometres a day for ten days
Each day is walked in 7 – 9km shifts, with safari-style rest stops in the veldt.
Walking is mainly on Jeep tracks and gravel roads – no hiking trails.
Accommodation is mostly on guest farms, where you stay in chalets.
Three meals a day, with a support vehicle and support team are provided.
After booking your pilgrimage walk you will receive ‘SPORE’ Newsletters with recommendations on training, walking equipment, packing checklists and general information i.e. travelling options.
Group size: 8 - 12
Duration: 12 days (including traveling time)
Experience the wonder of the flowers of Namaqualand on foot. Walking 100kms through Namaqualand at the peak of the flowering season is a truly breath-taking trip.
Walk through carpets of bright orange, yellow and white daisies.
• Namaqualand Nature Reserve
• Kamies Mountains and a visit to Taaiboskraal Tea Garden
• Meeting the people of Namaqualand
• Smelling nature and listening to birds singing while walking
• Garies and Genis se Winkel
• Rooibos Tea Factory
• Rock formations in the Cedarberg Mountains
Experience the breath-taking natural beauty of the Kalahari. Walk the ‘Green Kalahari’ along the Orange River and into the Red Dune kalahari. Visit Augrabies Waterfall and walk to the Moon rock, Berg Arrarat and Echo Corner while game watching. Admire Quiver trees and rock formations
Walk the ancient dry Malopo river bed and huge salt pans. Put your feet up under a Camelthorn tree and experience the local hospitality.
• Walk while game watching
• Augrabies Waterfall, Moon rock and Echo Corner
• Quiver trees and rock formations
• Mysterious ‘Lost City’ of the Kalahari
• Mampoer tasting at Bezalel with breakfast
• Ancient Molopo Riverbed
• Huge Camel thorn trees with vultures taking a rest
• Walking across the 15km wide Koppieskraal Pan
From the beautiful Klein Karoo village of Prince Albert across te historical Swartberg pass and on the back-roads of Route 62 to Montagu
• Spending the afternoon with Prof Sue Milton-Dean, a well known botanist
• The hidden treasures of the Karoo veldt
• A Ghost Walk through the streets of Prince Albert with Ailsa
• Walking breathtaking Swartberg Pass
• The Red Hills, which were formed 60 million years ago
• Rietfontein Ostrichich palace
• Groenfontein farm-road to Calitzdorp
• Sample port and wines at one of the Cellars in the ‘Port Capital’ of the Klein Karoo
• Walking through the magnificent Seweweekspoort
• Blooming apricot, peach and pear orchards
• Flowering vygies, blue skies and mountains all around you
Group size: 8 - 12
Duration: 5 days
On gravel roads and footpaths through the Boland. Experience the splendid mountain ranges, historic towns and gracious homesteads with their orchards and vineyards.
Between the Vineyards of Wellington through the varied landscape of fynbos vegetation with massive rounded granite rocks and ancient Wild Olive, Rock Candlewood and Wagon trees of Paarl Mountain.
• Walking on jeep tracks between vuneyards
• Leliefontein Historic cellar and learning about ‘stokkiesdraai’
• Olive tasting at Riebeeck Kasteel and exploring the village
• Rawsenville and Slanghoek valley
• Special winetasting at boutique cellars
• Franschoek and the visit to la Motte
• Pierneef museum
• Stellenbosch and having dinner on a side walk under huge oak trees
Cell: 082 343 7853
Cell: 082 883 0093
Fax: 086 621 4404
Thank you Frik and Lizette for an amazing experience in the Kalahari in the Northern Cape, Baviaanskloof. We enjoyed every minute of it.
John Douglas, South Africa