We offer well designed and excellent organized MTB Holidays on the gravel roads of Namaqualand, Augrabies National Park & Boesmanland, Klein Karoo and Baviaanskloo.
Explore these Regions on your mountain bike with us.
It is not a race, but fun-filled cycling days, covering medium to long distances with interesting nature and cultural experiences each day.
Relax in the evenings over delicious meals at comfortable guest farm/chalet accommodation. Transport by luxury Mercedes Sprinter bus with MTB trailer.A support team are there to assist you all the way.
Group size: 10 riders
Duration: 7 Days (including traveling time)
Augrabies to Klein Pella near Pofadder
Rugged scenery, dry river beds, narrow winding paths through koppies of jumbled granite, this is Boesmanland. Join us riding on gravel to places with picturesque names such as Moon Rock, Ararat and Echo Corner â very descriptive of this rocky region. Klipspringer and Kokerboom (quiver trees) stand in stark silhouette against the African sky - only those that are able to adapt ultimately survive. The 55 383 hectares on both the northern and southern sides of the Orange River provide sanctuary to a diversity of species, from the very smallest succulents, birds and reptiles to Hartmann's mountain zebra, springbok, gemsbok, koedoe and giraffe. As the Orange River approaches Augrabies Falls it divides itself into numerous channels before cascading down the 56 meter high waterfall. The river then continues its path through an 18 kilometer gorge. The sight and sound of the power of the water will not be easily forgotten.
• Quiver trees and rocky mountains
• Augrabies Waterfall
• Game watching while riding your bike
• Pella and visiting the Cathedral
• Klein Pella with its 17000 date palms
Flower time in Namaqualand is one of naturesâ wonders of Southern Africa. Visit places like Goegap Nature Reserve and Namaqua National Park, with its unique orange Daisies, The Kamies Mountains, Garies and Cederberg rock formations.
• Kamies Mountains with Quiver Trees
• Meeting the locals
• Flower Phenomena during flower season
• Rooibos Tea factory
• Cedarberg Rock formations
Cycling the Klein Karoo is a mountain bikerâs dream come true - spectacular scenery, plenty of farm stalls to enjoy coffee, pancakes and a beer. It is a good challenge for both bike and legs.
• Prince Albert
• Swartberg Pass
• Historical Kruisrivier Farm
• Red Stone Hills & Ostrich Palace
• Groenriver to Calitzdorp for a port & wine tasting.
• Seweweeks Poort
• Vineyards, fruit orchards and beautiful Karoo landscapes
Baviaanskloof or âValley of the baboonsâ, is a deep twisting ravine walled between parallel east-west mountain ranges, the Baviaans and the Kouga. The Baviaans area encompasses the Karoo towns of Willowmore and Steytlerville, in the north. It is known for the richness of their endemic plant species, interesting cultural heritage and abundance of bird and animal life. Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Baviaanskloof.
• Poortjie Private Nature Reserve â cheese tasting when you meet the farmer
• Exploring the village of Willowmore.
• Spectacular rock formations into Baviaanskloof
• Veroâs Restaurant for âroosterkoekâ and coffee
• Sewefontein, in a wild fig tree forest
• An eco-tour with Piet Kruger (local farmer) to learn about the Spekboom and Leopard project
• Wilderness Mega Reserve
• Cycle back to Zandvlakte down beautiful mountain passes, through a thick forest and over low water bridges. Buffalo, Rhino and other game may be spotted
Customized get-away rides on request.
Cell: 082 343 7853
Cell: 082 883 0093
Fax: 086 621 4404
Thank you Frik and Lizette for an amazing experience in the Kalahari in the Northern Cape, Baviaanskloof. We enjoyed every minute of it.
John Douglas, South Africa