Duration: 5 - 20 days
Group size: 6 - 12
Transport: Luxury Mercedes Sprinter Bus
Where ever you are, you've most probably heard about the Garden Route in the Western Cape, and rightly so, for this is one of the most magnificent, awe-inspiring stretches of land in South Africa, if not the world.
It is situated on the coast between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth and is one of South Africa's richest botanical treasures, where you can lose yourself in nature amid the grandeur of giant Yellowwood and Milkwood trees in one of the indigenous forests. The name comes from the verdant and ecologically diverse vegetation encountered here and the numerous lagoons and lakes dotted along the coast.
• Tsitsikamma ziplines
• Knysna Elephants and Knysna Heads.
• Cango Wild life Ranch and the famous Cango Caves
• Swartberg Pass
• Red Stone Hills and the Ostrich Palace
• Ronnies Sex Shop
• LâAghulus and the Tip of Africa
• La Motte in Franschhoek
• Boutique Wine Tastings in Wellington
• Table Mountain & Chapmans Peak Drive
Cape Town to Prince Albert and via Route 62 back to Cape Town
The Little or Klein Karoo, which is a long valley bordered by the Swartberg and the Langeberg Mountains in the Western Cape. An area of towering cliffs, clear streams and a unique biome dominated by the Aloe and dwarf Baobab tree with its yellow peeling bark and midsummer red tubular flowers. Majestic mountains lend a blue haze to the distant horizon and spring flowers.
• Walk a short route with a Botanist specializing in birds and flora.
• Visit the local dairy with a tasting of hand-made cheeses
• Historical Swartberg Pass and downhill with breath-taking views.
Kruisriver & Oudtshoorn
• Cango Caves
• Lunch at an Ostrich Palace
• Red Stone Hills route
• Bo Plaas Wine Cellars in Calitzdorp - the âPort Capitalâ of the Klein Karoo.
• The breath-taking Seweweeks Poort for a view overlooking Boschluyskloof and Gamkapoort. • Ronnieâs Sex Shop
• Barrydale & Montagu
• Rooiberg Cellrs with biggest chair in Africa
Dates: All year round (Sept &- Oct is flower season and orchards in bloom)
Upington to Cape Town
Flower time in Namaqualand is one of naturesâ wonders of Southern Africa. Visit places like Goegap Nature Reserve and Namaqua National Park, with its unique orange Daisies, The Kamies Mountains, Garies and Cederberg rock formations. West Coast National Park and Coastal towns where time stood still.
• Green Kalahari and the famous Augrabies Waterfall
• Pella & Klein Pella
• Kamies Mountains with Quiver Trees
• Meeting the locals
• Flower Phenomena during flower season
• Rooibos Tea factory
• Cedarberg Rock formations
• Bird Island and the Cape Gannets
• Paternoster - a treasure chest on the West Coast
Cape Town or Upington Return
Experience the breath-taking natural beauty of Boesmanland, the Green and Red Dune Kalahari, the ancient Malopo river bed and huge dry salt Lakes. Visit Augrabies waterfall and the mysterious âLost Cityâ of the Kalahari. Put your feet up under a Camel thorn tree and experience the local hospitality of Bushmans, Nama people and Farmers.
• Red Dune Kalahari
• Ancient dry Molopo riverbed & âLost City of the Kalahariâ
• Cross a 16 km wide dry salt lake and explore the Red Dune Kalahari where Oryx and Springbok as well as wild camels can be seen
• Kgalagadi National Park
Cape Town, George or Port Elizabeth Return
Baviaanskloof or âValley of the baboonsâ is a deep twisting ravine walled between parallel east-west mountain ranges, the Baviaans and the Kouga. Known for the richness of their endemic plant species, its interesting cultural heritage and its abundance of bird and animal life.
• Poortjie Private Nature Reserve â cheese tasting when you meet the farmer
• Exploring the village of Willowmore
• Spectacular rock formations into Baviaanskloof
• Veroâs Restaurant for âroosterkoekâ and coffee
• Sewefontein, in a wild fig tree forest
• An eco-tour with Piet, one of the local farmers, to learn about the Spekboom and Leopard project
• Wilderness Mega Reserve
Overland Boutique Tours covering Southern, Central and Northern Namibia â Land of Contrasts! We know our destinations well, and are friends with the local people who are always on hand to provide real local knowledge. Travel with luxury Mercedes Sprinters in smaller groups, seeing real places and improving the well-being of the local people. We offer a full package including arranging and booking of all accommodation, meals and transport.
• Fishriver Canyon
• Wild Horses of the Namib Desert
• Kolmanskop and Luderitz
• Sossusvlei, Deadvlei and Sesriem Canyon
• Swakopmund & Skeleton Coast
• Epupa Falls
Cell: 082 343 7853
Cell: 082 883 0093
Fax: 086 621 4404
Thank you Frik and Lizette for an amazing experience in the Kalahari in the Northern Cape, Baviaanskloof. We enjoyed every minute of it.
John Douglas, South Africa